- You do not need to activate them before use but to be sure you may want to put them in the oven for 1 hour to make sure they are fully activated for your holiday. If you get them out of the PVC Pouch and leave them lying around absorbing moisture then you will have to do this.
- After a doing your activity (Skiing, Snowboarding, Running, Cycling etc..) just put Drysure inside your footwear when you take your foot out.
- You do not need to turn them on or off - just leave them in there until your need the footwear again.
- When you take them out, PUT THEM BACK IN THE PVC POUCH so they do not absorb the moisture in the air.
- If you have access to a radiator then give them some heat.
- When they start to become less effective at drying then follow the instructions below on how to re-activate them.
- IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DRY REALLY WET SHOES OR BOOTS THEN PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ON SOAKING WET BOOTS.
- Re-activate when drying becomes less effective.
- 3 ways to re-activate:
- Put them on a Warm Radiator
- In Direct Sunlight
- Remove the outer shell and put the bead bags on the middle shelf in the oven @ 100ºC (212ºF) for 1-2 hours. Please Do Not Grill Them, the best setting is Fan Assisted Oven. (Most effective method)
Please note if footwear is soaked through then you may need to re-activate straight after drying is finished.
- DO NOT GRILL DRYSURE AS THEY WILL MELT
- DO NOT PUT IN THE MICROWAVE
- DO NOT EAT SILICA OXIDE BEADS
- KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND ANIMALS – DRYSURE ARE NOT TOYS
- DO NOT TAKE UNDERWATER EVEN THOUGH DRYSURE ARE VERY GOOD AT ABSORBING
More Detailed Instructions:
- Firstly you can pop them on a warm/hot radiator when they are not in use.
- Secondly put them on a window sill in direct sunlight.
- The third way and most effective at fully recharging them is by removing the outer shell and putting the bead bags in an oven at 100°C (212°F) for 1-2 hours.
1. Pour out any water in the shoe
2. Soak up any loose easily absorbable water with a towel, or even newspaper first so that the shoe is just very wet.
3. Then give the shoe a very quick burst with the hairdryer just to warm the moisture up.
4. Now pop in a pair of fully re-charged (re-activated) Drysure Active Shoe Dryers and leave them for about 24 hour in a dry environment, maybe in your boiler cupboard or somewhere like that.
The Drysure's will absorb any moisture in the shoe quicker than if they were just left to dry with the air and this important to stop fungus and bacteria growing which is what creates smelly shoes.
If you Shoes are just wet from running in the rain or from sweat then just pop Drysure in when you take them off and leave them and they will dry overnight.